What is hand rejuvenation treatment?
Hands are usually forgotten when it comes to cosmetic and anti aging treatments. Hands can show all signs of aging, like wrinkles, loss of skin elasticity, decrease of fat tissue and appearance of dark spots. Decrease in fat tissue of the hands make the veins and tendons of the hands become more visible giving the hands an older unattractive look, that sometimes doesn’t match with face and neck age.
Hand rejuvenation treatments aim to improve the look of the hands and restore the young appearance.
What are the treatments available for Hand?
There are lots of treatments to improve the way the hands look. The choice depends on many factors like the hand condition and the age of the person. Here are some of the options:
- Hand facial, Laser carbon and chemical peels: these are non-invasive treatments for the skin of hands, aiming at skin regeneration and removal of dark spots and pigmentation on skin surface.
- Laser treatments like resurfacing lasers or IPL that target the age spots and eliminate pigmentation and improve skin quality through collagen stimulation.
- Mesotherapy: where mix of different vitamins for hydration, tightening or whitening is injected into the skin of the hands or infused with the use of micro needling device. It is usually recommended to do 3 sessions at the beginning and then maintenance sessions to keep up the result of rejuvenated skin.
- Platelet rich plasma (PRP) is the use of the patients’ own blood, through a special separation process, to significantly rejuvenate, hydrate the skin of the hands and treat its problems.
- Skin boosters: are mix of high concentrated hyaluronic acid with antioxidants, amino acids, proteins and vitamins. It aims at stimulation of collagen production in the skin of hands in addition to supplementing the hands with hydrating products or vitamins to treat pigmentation.
- Dermal fillers: are injectables to restore the volume of fat that is lost with aging or with severe weight loss. Injection of filler will achieve a natural look for the hands through making the veins and tendons less prominent, smooth the wrinkles and improve the look of the skin.
There are two main types of hand fillers, either hyaluronic acid filler or calcium filler. Calcium filler containing calcium hydroxylapatite that simulate collagen production in addition to its effect as a filling material.
Filler injection is a safe technique, with minimal downtime. It usually gives an effect that lasts between 10 to 14 months.