Restore Your Smile with Dental Crowns
Dental crowns, also known as dental caps, are custom-made restorations that cover the entire visible portion of a tooth. They are designed to resemble your natural teeth in shape, size, and color, providing strength, protection, and an improved appearance.
The Benefits of Dental Crowns
- Restoration of Tooth Structure: Dental crowns are used to restore teeth that are extensively decayed, damaged, or weakened due to fractures or large fillings. By covering the entire tooth, crowns provide support and stability, preventing further deterioration.
- Enhanced Aesthetics: Dental crowns are crafted to match the color, shape, and size of your natural teeth, ensuring a seamless blend with your smile. They can improve the appearance of discolored, misshapen, or worn-down teeth, creating a more attractive and uniform smile.
- Protection and Durability: Crowns provide a protective layer around a weakened tooth, shielding it from further damage or fractures. Made from durable materials such as porcelain or porcelain fused to metal, crowns are designed to withstand the forces of biting and chewing, enhancing the longevity of your restored tooth.
- Improved Functionality: Dental crowns restore the strength and functionality of compromised teeth. By restoring the proper shape and alignment, they help you chew and speak with ease, allowing you to enjoy your favorite foods and regain confidence in your smile.
- Versatility: Dental crowns can address various dental concerns, including extensive decay, large fillings, cracks, fractures, misalignment, and cosmetic imperfections. Whether you need a single crown or multiple crowns as part of a full mouth restoration, our experienced dental team can customize a treatment plan to meet your specific needs.
The Dental Crown Process
- Consultation and Treatment Planning: During your initial consultation at [Your Dental Practice], our dentist will examine your teeth and discuss your concerns and goals. X-rays and impressions may be taken to assess the condition of the tooth and determine the suitability of a dental crown.
- Tooth Preparation: To accommodate the dental crown, a small portion of the tooth’s enamel may need to be removed. This ensures a proper fit and allows space for the crown to be placed without altering your bite. Local anesthesia is used to ensure your comfort during the tooth preparation process.
- Impressions and Temporary Crown: Impressions of your prepared tooth will be taken to create a custom-made crown that fits precisely. While your permanent crown is being fabricated in a dental laboratory, a temporary crown will be placed to protect your tooth.
- Permanent Crown Placement: Once your permanent crown is ready, you will return to our office for its placement. Our dentist will check the fit, color, and appearance of the crown to ensure it matches your natural teeth. The crown will be bonded securely to your tooth using dental cement.
- Final Adjustments and Care Instructions: Our dentist will make any necessary adjustments to ensure the crown fits comfortably and functions properly. You will receive instructions on how to care for your new crown, including proper oral hygiene practices and regular dental check-ups.
Restore Your Smile with Dental Crowns
At Tajmeel we are dedicated to providing our patients with beautiful and long-lasting dental crowns. Our skilled dental team will work closely with you to create a customized treatment plan that addresses your unique needs. Contact us today to schedule a consultation and take the first step towards a healthier and more
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do teeth with crowns last?
Teeth with crowns can last for many years, typically between 10 to 15 years or even longer with proper care and maintenance. However, the lifespan of a crown can vary depending on factors such as oral hygiene practices, biting forces, and individual habits.
How much is a tooth crown cost in UAE?
The cost of a tooth crown in the UAE can vary depending on several factors, including the type of crown chosen and the dental clinic.
What are the three types of crowns?
The three main types of dental crowns are:
Porcelain-fused-to-metal (PFM) crowns: These crowns have a metal structure covered with a layer of tooth-colored porcelain. They offer strength and aesthetics, but the metal component may be visible at the gum line.
All-ceramic crowns: These crowns are made entirely of ceramic material, providing excellent aesthetics and a natural-looking appearance. They are a popular choice for front teeth.
Metal crowns: These crowns are made of metals such as gold or silver-colored alloys. They offer exceptional durability and are often used for molars or teeth that require significant strength but are less visible.
How much do crowns cost in Dubai?
The cost of dental crowns in Dubai can vary depending on the material used, the complexity of the case, and the dental clinic.